Index du Forum

Forum international des collectionneurs et amateurs d'AMR

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ?

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.     Index du Forum -> le forum AMR -> Tout le reste / Everything else
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Lange 1

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan 2012, 01:57 pm    Sujet du message: Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ? Répondre en citant

I have asked myself on which of the real GTOs the AMR kit ref. 5000 is based.

Does anyone know that?
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Jan 2012, 01:57 pm    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
antony
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Dim 8 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm    Sujet du message: Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ? Répondre en citant

Hi Lange 1 !

Don't know if a specific GTO was chosen for the street version ref 5000. No info on the building instruction sheet …

However I can tell that the first GTO kit, released 1979, is partly based on 5111GT, Tour de France 1963.
Funnily I recently came across the blueprint by Mr Becker who is credited on the building instruction sheet.
I had a lot of fun reading the dimensions and seeing some differences between Mr Becker measurements and the one offered by Ferraris (as written on the blue print) :
Total lenght : Ferrari says 4,32 meters, Mr Becker measured 4,44
Width door to door : Ferrari says 1,60 meter, Mr Becker measured 1,58

We should keep in mind that the real bodies were hand made and hand repaired after accidents … and that my Dad was more concerned by recreating the overall spirit than to be fully respectful to the original.

This might not be the answer you were after, but I hope this will make some sense anyway.
Antony
Lange 1

MessagePosté le: Dim 8 Jan 2012, 02:17 pm    Sujet du message: Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ? Répondre en citant

antony a écrit:
… and that my Dad was more concerned by recreating the overall spirit than to be fully respectful to the original.

Antony

I think that spirit (and gift) of your dad is the reason that we all love AMR so much. And as I am not the person who wants to have all detail correct on a model, that answer does it for me. I was just curious you know...

When I have you here in my thread Antony, I may ask another question regarding the early GTOs of your dad which had the legendary "AMR wheels": Did your dad prefer the wheels on the model to be kept in their original look (the famous look as if they were touched by flames as I would describe it) or did he prefer the wheels to be painted matte silver except the center spinner (the look that many collectors consider to be more close to the original car?
antony
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 18 Jan 2012, 09:49 pm    Sujet du message: Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ? Répondre en citant

Sorry for the very late reply below to the very tricky question above,

A ''general rule'' from what the family collection shows would be :
- race cars : painted wheels,
- street cars : chromed wheels,
- custom cars (very personal models) : no rule. Depending on his mood and available parts I guess

But more than the look, his big concern was that the wheels were perfectly placed.
That is to say centered in the wheelarche, correct height of the car, and slightly into the wheelarches.
Hope it meets your request.
Lange 1

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Jan 2012, 02:03 pm    Sujet du message: Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ? Répondre en citant

Thanks for the insight into the AMR sphere Very Happy . You are most likely the only one who could answer such a question.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 02:21 am    Sujet du message: Which of the original 250 GTOs was the base for ref. 5000 ?

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.     Index du Forum -> le forum AMR -> Tout le reste / Everything else Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation