Index du Forum

Forum international des collectionneurs et amateurs d'AMR

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.     Index du Forum -> le forum AMR -> Tout le reste / Everything else
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jangcl
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juil 2014, 06:38 pm    Sujet du message: What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts Répondre en citant

Dear all,

Hello, greetings, may i introduce myself. My name is Ang, from SEA. Though I have been collecting 1:43 for years, I have been collecting only diecasts. Only recently I was introduced to AMR. I realused to my awesome surorise AMR built models are fantastic masterpieces of Art!

Recently, I bought an AMR kit from an ebay seller, khan-modelcars, by the nanw of Asad Khan from Netherlands, who claimed the kit was mint and new.

But when the kit arrived, it has problems, eg.

- the windsheld vac form was yellowish n not clear (the seller then sold me and made me pay for a replacement windshield. He said this was common. I believed him then. Anyway, i just bought another kit from another seller yet the kit just arrived today with the windshield vacform is perfect without yellowishness or cloudiness)

- the side mirrors came without the flash and protruding legs to attach to the sides of the car. Seemed like someone, maybe an ex-owner or modeller, worked on the kit but spoilt it. I told the seller who sold me and made me pay for a replacenent set of side mirrors. He said it was a manufacturing defect. Without wanting to argue and also as I wanted eagerly to continue building the kit, I gave in.

- then as i built the last part of the model, i discovered the rearview mirror comes in a square shape instead of rectangular in shape (looked like someone maybe previous owner or modeller had cut it wrongly), and also did not have the tiny long leg protruding from the mirror to attach to the windscreen roof. I asked the seller who had been ignoring me and finally answered saying "I cannot get the rearview mirror" and ended at that!!!

I bought a kit from him who described it as mint, met with several problems which I had to pay to repkace and now left with the last part, he just said he could not find the part and became indifferent and keftvthe matter at that.

Dear all, what can I do? Where can I find or buy a spare part?

I no longer believed this ebay seller, khan-modelcars, Asad Khan, in Netherlands.

I learnt my lesson as a beginning collector and builder.
Yes, I was stupid to believe it was a mint condition kit and that in a hurry to get the replacenent parts, I paid him more when he should replace for free.
And I learnt to check all the parts before beginning.
But should he be more responsibke and honest? This khan-modelcats in ebay, or Asad Khan as his name?

More importantly, may I ask where can I find a spare part?

Thank you

Sorry to take up your time and attention.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juil 2014, 06:38 pm    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
OSCAR 893
Invité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Juil 2014, 08:15 am    Sujet du message: What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts Répondre en citant

BONJOUR GOOD MORNING

WHAT IS THE REFERENCE OF YOUR KIT AND NAME OF IT EXEMPLE PORSCHE 935 WINNER DAYTONA OR FERRARI 512 BB PIONNER LE MANS WITH THIS INFORMATION I CAN SEE IF I HAVE A PART FOR YOU AND WHAT PARTS ARE YOU NEEDING

I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUT I HAVE SOME PARTS TO HELP PEOPLE

KHAN MODELS AND AD KHAN IS THE SAME PEOPLE

YOUR PROBLEME WITH YOUR DEALER IF YOUHAVE BOUGHT WITH EBAY IS EBAY PROBLEME ANTONY DON4T HELP YOU

YOUR MODEL IS NOT CONFORM WITH THE ANNONCE IF THIS ANNONCE HAS A GOOD FAC FOR'in this case you make an" litige" with ebay tool

excuse me for my bad english and i hope that you understand me
Enzo84

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Juil 2014, 09:04 am    Sujet du message: kit Répondre en citant

hello,

Welcome in the world of AMR. What kit did you buy ?

I will try to answer some of your Questioning :

- by experience, depending on the storage and the material, most of this serie of kits could have yellowed glasses. Per example, its quite rare to find a 365 GT 2+2 kit with clear glasses. UV makes the vac-form yellow. So, for this aspect, the kit can be mind even if the glasses are yellowed.

- to be sure that a kit is in mind conditions, the best is to buy a kit which is sealed (never opened, even to "take the picture" as many sellers wrote in their auctions). It's the best warranty you could have. After, when I buy kit on Ebay, I ask for picture of the contain of the kit (items), of the sealed items, and compare them with the building sheet I have (or I can ask here, on this forum to the AMR fans !!). I always do the comparaison, and if their are some difference, I ask for partial refund (to allow me to buy the replacement items) or I return the kit which auction is not conform.

- endly, the best is to know the price of a perfect kit (sealed...) and to give bid very lower than the real price. So, if parts are missing or if you need to rebuilt the model, you have spare money and will never spend more than the real price, and will always be sure to have done "an affair" !!

Jeff

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Juil 2014, 09:57 pm    Sujet du message: Seller is becoming worse Répondre en citant

Re the first reply saying: "Publicité"

May I ask please: what does the message mean? What should i do in this forum? Am I breaking the rule in this forum? Sorry

Oh sorry, I don't mean to solve my ebay dispute here, only want to ask for help re spare part, while highlighting to hobbyist to be aware of this seller who sells mainly on ebay as khan-modelcars

Asad Khan used to be good, but recently there is a decline, especially after he received 2 neutral feedbacks and no longer 100% positive feedbacks.
From what I found out, the 2 neutral feedbacks were actually negative feedback until Asad Khan "negotiated" with the sellers, both niw my friends, and he sent requests to retract the negative feedbacks and they changed to neutral feedbacks.

I was stupid to have left positive feedback too early. I was hurried into and persuaded by him to help leave a pisitive feedback to help his business. I learnt my lesson. I should receive my item first, check then leave feedback.

And because I left positive feedback too prematurely, I cannot open an ebay case against him Sad

Dernière édition par zhilong le Jeu 24 Juil 2014, 10:42 pm; édité 5 fois
zhilong

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Juil 2014, 10:41 pm    Sujet du message: What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts Répondre en citant

Dear OSCAR 893
Thank you for your reply.

My kit is the Mercedes SL 1989 (R129).
Do you happen to have:
- a rearview mirror (moulded in rectangle shape and has a tiny long protruding leg for attaching to car)?
' a windshield vac form that is nob yellowish and clear?
Can you help or sell ne please?

PS.
You mentioned 2 things:

- YOUR PROBLEME WITH YOUR DEALER IF YOUHAVE BOUGHT WITH EBAY IS EBAY PROBLEME ANTONY DON4T HELP YOU
May I ask more about Anthony? Anthony us?

-YOUR MODEL IS NOT CONFORM WITH THE ANNONCE IF THIS ANNONCE HAS A GOOD FAC FOR'in this case you make an" litige" with ebay tool
May I ask what do you mean? May you explain pkease?

Thank you

PS. I don't mean to solve my ebay dispute here, only want to ask for help re spare part, while highlightlighting to hobbyist to be aware of this seller
Asad Khan used to be good, but recently there is a decline

OSCAR 893 a écrit:
BONJOUR GOOD MORNING

WHAT IS THE REFERENCE OF YOUR KIT AND NAME OF IT EXEMPLE PORSCHE 935 WINNER DAYTONA OR FERRARI 512 BB PIONNER LE MANS WITH THIS INFORMATION I CAN SEE IF I HAVE A PART FOR YOU AND WHAT PARTS ARE YOU NEEDING

I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUT I HAVE SOME PARTS TO HELP PEOPLE

KHAN MODELS AND AD KHAN IS THE SAME PEOPLE

YOUR PROBLEME WITH YOUR DEALER IF YOUHAVE BOUGHT WITH EBAY IS EBAY PROBLEME ANTONY DON4T HELP YOU

YOUR MODEL IS NOT CONFORM WITH THE ANNONCE IF THIS ANNONCE HAS A GOOD FAC FOR'in this case you make an" litige" with ebay tool

excuse me for my bad english and i hope that you understand me

zhilong

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Juil 2014, 10:53 pm    Sujet du message: What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts Répondre en citant

Dear Enzo84
Jeff,

Thanks for your advice

Re the yellowish vac form, i understand that it could turn yellowish due to UV, but i asked before purchasing and was assured the vac form was in perfect condition and then when I messaged for a photo, I was told the kit had been shipped out (within hours!?!) and further reassured the kit was in mint top condition

When I received it and saw the vac form, I was told it was normal and if I wanted a non-yellowish one, he would get one but I had to pay....

Another point: I recently bought one kit from another seller,  the kit arrived with a perfect non-yelliwish and clear vac form

Re your other points,
You are right!
The price was low inc shipping for a kit like this, considering it is rare with it being made in 1989 and only 111 kits were made and the mould destroyed
And now that you talked about it, I realised the kit was resealed... it was not brand new
But seller described as brand new and mint top condition
When I asked why was it resealed, I was told he had to unseal and open up to check !?

And now when i contacted him about the defective rearview mirror, which looked like it had been worked on before by previous owner (?) with the shape being cut off accidentally into a non-rectangular shape and tiny protruding leg broken, I asked for a new one. This time he said he could not get another piece and kefthe matter at that and had been ignoring or avoiding my attempts to contact him.

I was wrong- disappointed and hurt as I started out resoected, believed and trusted this Asad Khan (ebay id khan-modelcars)
 helpful. I shall remember. Thank you.
zhilong

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Lun 4 Aoû 2014, 03:12 am    Sujet du message: What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts Répondre en citant

Is there thing I can do? Please advise me what I can do.

I just want him to either send me the replacement part or, as he suhgested, to refund me. But he must have changed his mind as he disappeared.

I also want to warn other collectors.

Never judge a book by its cover! He soinded so nice and helpful and decent. Now I have been trying to contact him in vain, whether by emails, ebay messages, and his website. He ignored me! 

This seller,  Pakistani who moved to Netherlands, is still selling on ebay "khan-modelcars", websites khanmodelcars.com and hanmodelcars.nl

On the surface, he comes across as a well-spoken, persuasive and decent seller. Indeed never judge a book by His cover

Please, please advise me what i can do.

I just want him to be responsible and send me the replacement part or, as he himself suhgested and promised, refund me. But thereafter, he disappeared!

From my email read receipts, he doesn't even read them but just delete them

I also want to warn other collectors.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 12:44 pm    Sujet du message: What can I do? Bought an AMR kit with spoilt parts

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.     Index du Forum -> le forum AMR -> Tout le reste / Everything else Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation